Movie theater popcorn has HOW many calories!?

If someone is selling you a 1200 calorie snack, the least they could do is tell you! Please compose to President Obama and prompt him to boost the final me …
Video Score: 4 / 5

Korean Movie Theaters

In Korea, motion picture theaters are run much in a different way than the method they’re run in Canada. Below’s a video to tell you exactly how they work.
Video Score: 4 / 5

29 comments… add one
  • Rob R January 22, 2014, 2:42 am

That’s interesting. I just read a proper lab analysis from 2011 and 2012
    that has a large Regal popcorn (16 cups) buttered is 1030 calories. Looks
    like your popcorn was full of magic!

• Moosenogger January 22, 2014, 2:53 am

I love when restaurants give me nutrition information. I’ve been losing
    weight for over a year now (I’m over 50 pounds lighter than when I started)
    and I’m constantly trying to find new, healthier options for when I go out
    to eat.

I’d like to be able to have popcorn at the movies, but I know immediately
    that any snacks a movie theater sells is going to be horrible. If
    everything was labeled, I could make an informed decision and choose the
    snack that’s lower in calories. I understand that some people are going to
    eat whatever they want, whether they know the calorie content or not, but
    not everyone is open to eating 5000 calories a day. As a person who is
    losing weight and trying to live healthier, I can appreciate the extra help
    when it comes to clearly labeled menus.

• James Gegner January 22, 2014, 3:34 am

Not only that, but these are the same fucking quacks who coerced McDonald’s
    as well as other fast food places to stop cooking their French fries in
    beef tallow. This is why fried food from fast food restaurants tastes like
    crap nowadays, because it’s all fried in manufactured and very highly
    processed liquid vegetable oils such as canola and soybean oil.

• James Gegner January 22, 2014, 4:15 am

That’s true to a certain extent, but if you think that posting calorie
    counts on menu boards is somehow going to make people eat better all of a
    sudden, then you’re living in a fantasy world. Studies have shown that
    people will eat the same amount of calories regardless of whether calorie
    and/or nutrition information is available to them or not. I suggest you
    watch the documentary Fat Head by Tom Naughton, where he discusses this in
    detail.

• Moon Kute January 22, 2014, 5:15 am

Is this yr school project or something? 🙂

• Sebastian Cotoranu January 22, 2014, 5:55 am

When I go to the movies, I will not eat the movie theater popcorn because
    it’s bad for me. Also, that calorie got me a stomach ache. And it’s not
    healthy.

• Debra Myers January 22, 2014, 6:55 am

Movie theater popcorn has HOW many calories!?

• Center Staff January 22, 2014, 7:51 am

Popcorn + soda + candy is a day’s worth of calories. If a theater is
    selling a 2000 calorie “snack,” the least they can do is tell you. Today
    we’re asking you to tweet at @AMCTheatres @RegalMovies @CinemarkUSA if
    you’d like to see calorie info at the movies #CalLoophole

• chan yonglin January 22, 2014, 8:03 am

who cares i love popcorn

• Atiya Cicara January 22, 2014, 8:38 am

It’s nice for the occasional treat at the movies, but so many people eat
    tons and tons of this stuff. UGH!

• Kari McLennan January 22, 2014, 8:55 am

Are you saying people are too stupid to figure this out.

• Marisa Freire January 22, 2014, 9:45 am

Not everyone is aware about food nutrition and how to read labels, less
    when there is no information available like at the movie theatre! That is
    called ignorance, not stupidity that is why we have to read and get
    informed and then do your own research to figer out if it is true.

• KnoxSUX January 22, 2014, 10:33 am

Theatres use trans fat instead of coconut oil now because of you fucking
    quacks.

• TevXD January 22, 2014, 10:59 am

NOM NOM NOM NOM WHO CARES I DUN CARE I EAT ALL DA POPCORN I WANT GURL

• Nighato January 22, 2014, 11:44 am

Not everyone is aware of the caloric content of food or how much the food
    actually weights. Hopefully we’ll see the macronutrient content too in a
    couple of years

• Diana Hamidi January 22, 2014, 12:13 pm

I like waiting in line, it’s having that in person interaction that’s nice,
    rather than dealing with a computer, it’s a tradition that should stay like
    that in the U.S., plus it’s nice picking whatever seat you want on a first
    come basis

• Jane Lee January 22, 2014, 12:41 pm

Korean movie theaters are amazing!
    The chairs can bend all the way to the back so you can almost lie down
    while watching the movie if you want without bothering the person behind
    you because it’s so spacious! And they play music videos for you instead of
    nonstop advertisements while you’re waitin in the theater. Also popcorn is
    amazing.. Not salty or overpriced AT ALL.

• Galaxia Gaia January 22, 2014, 1:07 pm

They have the same system as in Mexico!!(:

• Viearas January 22, 2014, 1:44 pm

Man why can’t the USA have the same cool system!!

• Lunay LeZarde January 22, 2014, 1:55 pm

I love this. Minneapolis just got its first reserved seating theater,
    complete with bar & cafe with seat-side service. And of course, if you want
    to avoid ticket lines, there’s Fandango.

• IdanPink January 22, 2014, 2:24 pm

Well, we do have to stand in line but in sweden we do also in fact have
    that system where you have reserved seats wich i think is awesome~

• I ship It January 22, 2014, 2:42 pm

they do that in cali too… i think most of our north american theaters are
    like that…

• WhiteWingsnBlueSkys January 22, 2014, 2:48 pm

Are you watching in 2013? CUZ I AM! They are still AWESOME!

• pikg2021 January 22, 2014, 3:19 pm

I agree that there are many things that we took from Japan, but I can’t
    agree with the statement ‘a joke of Japan’ cuz there are also things that
    Japan don’t have, and, I want to tell you this. American made cars for the
    1st time, so is every car made in other country is just a joke of America?
    If you still want to insist that Korea is just a copy of Japan, again I
    want to tell you this, as hawaiikai2 said, we koreans transferred our
    culture to Japan since 7th century.

• pinky13 January 22, 2014, 3:36 pm

wow I like movie theatres over there

• RANDONACR January 22, 2014, 3:58 pm

LIKE THIS IF YOURE WATCHING THIS IN 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• yellowcindy January 22, 2014, 4:04 pm

you guys are so cute together ><, sry I know it's random, but I just had to say it.

• Yuna Song January 22, 2014, 4:55 pm

they mostly have dubbed movies

• macabelik January 22, 2014, 5:06 pm