Sony & Disney Streaming Movies Still In Theaters

Sony and Disney have started testing on-demand streaming of movies still in theaters in South Korea! Annie informs you the reason for the experiment, plus the to …

20 comments… add one
  • What's the Big Deal? November 13, 2013, 10:36 am

Is this the way film distribution is headed? South Korea gets to test out
    at-home streaming service from studios while movies are still in theaters

• tkdematteo dematteo November 13, 2013, 11:15 am

Heck yeah I’d use it, but as someone mentioned, not for a monthly fee…on
    a per movie fee schedule.

• TiffanyBlogs November 13, 2013, 11:52 am

Yes, I love the theater but it’s too much trouble to go more than every
    couple of months. Streaming it would be a much better option.

• Jared Gregor November 13, 2013, 12:14 pm

I would definitely love this option! I live in America and most of my
    friends and I no longer attend movie theaters due to texting/talking being
    a large problem. If I could pay $20 or even $25 to have this option in home
    when a movie first comes out, I definitely would take it!!!

• Spooky804 November 13, 2013, 12:25 pm

If you can see it in the theater see it in the theater. You get so much
    more from a movie when its on the big screen. For example i have seen
    Ghostbusters sooo many times on TV… just saw it in a theater a few weeks
    ago and was seeing all sorts of stuff i never noticed before

• Jeremy Rumbolt November 13, 2013, 1:07 pm

#Sony & #Disney Streaming #Movies Still In Theaters

• Revision3 November 13, 2013, 1:17 pm

With summer movie season in full swing, #Sony and #Disney are testing out a
    new streaming service that could shift traditional distribution

• What's the Big Deal? November 13, 2013, 2:10 pm

• Buchoass November 13, 2013, 2:23 pm

Last time I went to the movies,I left smelling like smoke, the pizza ovens
    were below the theatre and the venting system was fau

• darkstar11235 November 13, 2013, 3:21 pm

I feel like the ability to watch a movie without: driving my lazy butt all
    the way to the movies, buying overpriced food, being forced to sit in a
    theater full of people who want to make loud comments or have crying
    children would be awesome. If I could stream the movie for a 24 hour period
    and watch it as many times as I want, I would easily pay more than the
    current price of a movie ticket.

• Hassan Selim November 13, 2013, 3:52 pm

I wonder if it’s possible to use a proxy to get these streams =) and maybe
    even use the proxy to initialize the stream, then turn it off to continue
    streaming at a higher speed 🙂

• demothises November 13, 2013, 3:59 pm

I don’t see this curbing pirating, but it would make the quality of the
    copy better. They could lock it down and stream it in proprietary formats.
    That would make it so only people who know what they are doing could do it
    but movies are going to be pirated one way or another, This is a good Idea
    though, per Spielberg’s comments about the industry, I could see a group
    forking out $40 for a 24 hour rental and watching it at the persons house
    with the best setup, still cheaper than the theater.

• thisisurcapt November 13, 2013, 4:43 pm

• ZZDaikun November 13, 2013, 4:43 pm

I’ll bet the theater owners would love Disney and Sony for allowing us to
    take away their money.

• Oliver Tozer November 13, 2013, 5:24 pm

watch “how you want” you say i want to watch for free

• MrBibi86 November 13, 2013, 5:34 pm

good idea

• yam3550 November 13, 2013, 5:48 pm

yes yes yes! It is getting too expensive for my entire family go to a
    theater

• William Brine November 13, 2013, 6:07 pm

It’ll certainly cut down on the number of crappy cams calling themselves
    screeners.

• Thermalzombie November 13, 2013, 6:53 pm

Lots of people don’t like the theater experience anymore and would prefer
    to watch at home in peace without the hassle.

• GamersGrind November 13, 2013, 7:44 pm

Well if everyone wanted and got it free and downloaded then movies and tv
    would all be dead and we would only have old movies and surfing dogs to
    entertain us. If you don’t want to see Avengers 2 then by all means lets
    have everything for free and we can all live in a hippie commune in bliss.